When it's snowing outside and the temperature hasn't risen above twenty degrees in over a week, a cozy night in with some delicious and nutritious soup is exactly what will keep you warm! It's the perfect meal for the season and looks absolutely stunning served in our Rosso Soup Bowl.
Coconut milk gives this soup a delicate tasty flavor. It is easy to make and is extremely good!
Serves: 4-6 as a starter
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 100g fresh spinach, washed
- 1 x 400 ml vegetable stock (or 1 tbsp bouillon diluted in 600 ml boiling water)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 carrot (to decorate)
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- Small bunch of chives, finely chopped
- Warm the oil in a soup-pan, and once hot, add the onions to sweat on a low heat for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the carrots, salt and pepper and stir well. Leave to cook uncovered over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves, stir in and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Shake the coconut milk can well and pour it into the carrot and spinach pan, cook for 5 minutes, then add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the carrots are soft - about 10-15 minutes.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender and keep covered.
- For the carrot crisp garnish - make a few carrot shavings with a potato peeler or slice very thin long strips with a sharp knife. Fry the strips in hot oil for 40-45 seconds until just golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve the soup topped with a few carrot crisps and some finely chopped chives.
Recipe credit: Silvia Nacamulli, www.cookingforthesoul.com