We believe pasta is a delightful dish, even in the heat of summer. Our team threw together this beautifully simple main dish that is sure to please every palate.
- Several tomatoes still on the vine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt & coarse ground pepper to taste
- 12 ounces angel hair spaghetti
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and spread them out on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining the spaghetti.
- Put the pot back on the burner over medium high heat. Add the last tablespoon of olive oil and the seasoned bread crumbs. Cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic, lemon juice, and other seasonings and cook for another minute. Put the pasta back in the pot and toss to coat. Add the pasta water just a tiny bit at a time to keep things moving. You won't need the whole cup.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and sprinkle with a little more seasoning to serve.
To make this dish extra special, serve on our Porto Venere Fish Dinner Plate. This entire collection brings a whimsical flair to any meal.
Recipe slightly adapted from Sugar Dish Me.