Every time I travel to Italy, I am inspired by the sense of family around me. Each step in life’s journey is to be celebrated and time with family and friends is cherished above all. From weddings and babies to birthdays and anniversaries, traditions are rich and meaningful.
At Modigliani, we have begun a new collection called Milestones to bring meaningful traditions to our customers that they can share with family and friends. Our first milestone celebrates the new home.
Benedici questa casa con gioia e amore
Bless this home with joy and love
For centuries around the world, including Italy, the tradition of bestowing house warming offerings on friends and family representing the truly important things in life has been practiced. Each element evokes well wishes for a long happy life in a new home. A meaningful start for a wondrous journey.
Possible included items and their meaning are as follows:
- Vessel: Choose a beautiful bowl, biscotti jar, or platter which will be a gift that is cherished long past the meaningful contents inside.
- Olive Oil: You will have good health
- Salt: Your tears will be happy ones and your life will always have flavor and spice
- Honey: You will have the sweetness of life
- Bread: You will never go hungry
- Wood: Your life and home will always have stability, harmony and peace
- Candles: You will always have light
- Broom: You can sweep away the evil
- Coin: You will have good fortune
- Rooster: Your home will have protection
Each gift is beautifully packaged with an enclosure card inside a beautiful envelope with Florentine lining. Careful attention is given to the whole experience from the moment the box is received.
We look forward to adding new milestones to our collection as we continue to research and source special items for each one. It is our hope we can provide the opportunity to take a moment and appreciate what the Italians already know.
Chi si volta, e chi si gira, sempre a casa va finire.
Meaning: No matter where you go or turn, you’ll always end up at home.